Would you like to know how to start your business online? Then use these 7 steps, as they are said to guarantee you success. Thousands of other people are known to have followed the steps allowing their businesses to be successful.
7 Steps To Success
- Find a need and fill it.
- Write copy that sells.
- Design and build an easy-to-use website.
- Use search engines to drive traffic to your site.
- Establish an expert reputation for yourself.
- Follow up with your customers and subscribers with email.
- Increase your income through back-end sales and upselling.
This shows that from a newbie right up to someone who is already an experienced online executive, each will benefit from the procedure of learning how to start your business online.
Now For The 7 Steps
Lets now get an insight in to each individual step which will give you a better understanding of what is needed to make your business successful.
Step 1: Find a need and fill it
One of the biggest mistakes that most people make when they are just starting out is that they go looking for their product before thinking about a market.
Making the decision to begin with a market is one of the ways you can use to boost your chance of being successful. What you really want to do is to find a group of people who have a problem and are looking for an answer but are not having much luck at getting results. Having the use of the internet now allows for making market research of this kind easier.
- Find out the types of questions people are asking to try and solve their problems by searching online forums.
- Use one of the keyword tools available to research keywords that other people are searching for, but not many sites are competing for.
- By visiting the sites and checking out what your potential competitors are already doing to fill the demand, you will then be able to use everything you have learned to create your own product for the market that exists already but make it a lot better than your competition.
Step 2: Write Copy That Sells.
It has been said that there is a “proven sales copy formula” which shows visitors how the whole process of selling from the minute they first see your product right up until the minute they buy something.
Below are some of the ways you can use for ensuring that you get that copy sold.
- Write interesting and captivating headlines that will arouse the curiosity of people around you.
- Clearly describle what the problem is that you have created the product for solving the problem.
- Being a solver of this problem, make sure that you confirm your credibility for it.
- Any tributes you have received from people who have already used your product should definitely be added.
- Let people know by talking to them about how good your product is, also how the user benefits from it.
- Propose an offer.
- Make sure that you create a strong guarantee.
- Construct an urgency.
- Finally, ask for the sale.
During your publication, the main thing that you really should focus on, is whether the product or service is exclusively capable of either solving problems for people or making their lives better for them. The best way to achieve this is to think as though you are the customer and ask yourself “What can I achieve from this?”.
Step 3: Design And Build Your Website
Now that you have sorted out what your market and product are, as well as having decided on what your selling process is, your next step is getting ready to create and design your website for your small-business. Keeping it simple is something to keep in mind, after all you have less than 5 seconds for grabbing the attention of someone. Failing that, they are off with no chance of returning or being seen again.
Therefore, here are a few tips to remember.
- Use a white background and stick to either one or two fonts which are plain.
- Keep the navigation of your site simple and very clear as well as it all looking the very same on every page.
- The use of video, audio or graphics should only be included if it is going to enrich your message.
- So that you are able to collect email addresses make sure that you add an opt-in offer.
- By having no more than 2 clicks going between a potential customer and the checkout makes the buying experience an easy one.
- As your website reflects your online storefront, it s a wise idea to make this customer friendly.
Step 4: Use search engines to drive targeted buyers to your site.
One of the easiest ways you can use to get traffic to a site that is brand-new is by using Pay-per-click advertising. Rather than waiting for the traffic to come to you organically, there are two advantages in using PPC and these are that PPC ads appear on the search pages straight away and secondly, the PPC ads give you the chance to test out different keywords, headlines and also prices and selling approaches.
As well as getting traffic immediately, you are also able to use the PPC ads to find out what your best and highest converting keywords. You then have the ability to issue these keywords all through your site, code and in your copy and in the organic search results, this will certainly be able to help your rankings.
If you would like to know more about PPC advertising then click below.
Step 5: Establish an expert reputation for yourself
As we all know, the internet is used by people everyday to find information. If you provide the information freely to other sites, then you will see more traffic plus better rankings with the search engines. The best secret is to always make sure that when you are giving information always include a link to your site.
- Have free give aways, excellent content, make sure that you are creating videos, posts and any other content that you feel people will find useful. You can then share all this content on social media sites as well as in article directories online.
- When you have valuable content on your site, make sure that you always include the “send to a friend” links.
- Turn yourself into an expert who is continually active in social networking sites and even industry forums where you know your target market spends time.
One of the good things is that not only will you reach new readers, every site that chooses to post any of your content will link back to your own. This then makes the search engines happy as they love the links from relevant sites and they will make sure that you are well rewarded in the rankings.
Step 6: Use the power of email marketing to turn visitors into buyers
By choosing to create an opt-in list, you are then creating a most valuable asset for your online business. This means that your customers and those who have subscribed have given you their permission to send emails to them. This therefore means that:
- They are asking for something and you are providing it for them.
- You are able to develop lifetime relationships with them.
- You are getting a 100% measurable response.
- Because email marketing is targeted highly, this makes it cheaper and more effective than radio, print and even TV.
When anybody pays a visit to your site and chooses to opt in to your list it becomes a very hot lead. There is not a tool which does the job of following up the leads for you any better than email.
If you are interested in getting a 60-day free trial for Constant Contact, email marketing platform then click Here.
Step 7: Increase Your Income Through back-end sales and upselling.
Because developing the lifetime value of each and every one of your customers is one of the most pivotal internet marketing strategies, it has been suggested that at most 36% of people who have already bought from you will decide to buy from you another time if you follow up with them. One of the hardest and most expensive parts it getting your first sale closed, therefore, it is better to use upselling plus back-end selling to encourage people to buy from you again.
- Proffer other products that set off the purchase they made originally.
- Electronically provide loyaly coupons that are redeemable next time they visit.
- After your customers have made a purchase, make sure that you then offer other related products to them on your “Thank You” page.
You will certainly find that by making sure your customers are rewarded for their loyalty, they will become more loyal to you.
As we all know, the changes in the internet happen so fast that a year online is almost the same as having 5 years in the real world. However, the ethics of starting and growing an online business successfully have never really changed. If you are just starting out with your business online, then follow this system. On the other hand, if you have been a while online then carry out a quick review to see if there are any steps that you are missing out.
In my opinion, I think that these 7 steps for starting your own online business are good and it has already been proven that you can get success when using them.
I would like to say that after reading this post, I hope you get the feeling that makes you want to go and start your business online right away.
One of the best places you can use when you are starting out to make that online business,is Wealthy Affiliate. To find out more click on the banner below.
If you have any questions or feedback on this article, then please leave them in the comment section below or contact me at WealthyAffiliate.com and I will be more than happy to answer them.
some text courtesy of Entrepreneur Europe